Blackjack Casino Tips
If you love blackjack, and want to become a better blackjack player, and consequently increase your chances of winning, there are many blackjack strategies and tips that will help you achieve this. Here we have listed some simple tips for playing blackjack. We would like to highlight that these are basic blackjack tips; this means that you will be able to face more complex situations depending on the type of game in which you will be involved and which dealer's card will be visible.
1. The best thing you can do to improve your blackjack game is to learn some basic strategy. Read the outline and learn what you will need to do in each situation. Practice until it feels natural to you.
2. Never use insurance. The dealer will offer you insurance for half of your bet, in case his face up card is an ace. The chances of the dealer getting blackjack are less than the chances of not getting it. Unless you are playing in a land based casino and counting cards, never use insurance.
3. Never gamble with money you don't have. Before you sit down and play, decide how much money you can afford to lose. In case you lose it, get up and leave.
4. An important tip in blackjack is to never bet too much, as it is very easy to run into a bad streak (even playing perfectly) and your money will disappear quickly.
5. If you are not entirely sure about the specific rules of a variant of blackjack, or just want to try out different playing strategies, then play virtual money blackjack. Most casinos offer blackjack versions that you can play for free.
6. Always split eights or aces, don't think what the dealer's hand is.
7. Never divide tens or figures. The dealer is unlikely to beat a score of twenty.
8. Hit until you reach at least seventeen, in case the dealer shows a seven or higher card, then stop. Do this even if the dealer shows a nine, ten or an ace, and you find yourself holding a 'soft' eighteen (an ace and a seven).
9. Various probability-based betting strategies can be applied to blackjack , including the Martingale or the 1-3-2-6 system . One tip is to read these strategies and then practice playing with virtual money. Make sure you understand the strategies perfectly before moving on to playing for real money. Remember that there are many criticisms related to such systems.
10. High cards favor you. Low cards favor the dealer.